Saturday, June 26, 2010

Life or Something Like It

Well, here I sit at 11:30 at night trying to recuperate from the day. Ballgame at 9:00 this morning which wasn't so bad. I did find a tree to hibernate under to get out of the heat. But the game at 2:00 this afternoon was another story-heat that totally left me drained of energy. But when I looked up to see 4 kids covered in mud from the top of their heads to the bottoms of their feet I really felt totally defeated. The manager of the ball park told them they could run in the sprinklers to stay cool. But, when the sprinklers were turned off, the little darlins' decided to just roll in the mud. Can you imagine 4 little mud pies walking to the car--with upholstered seats. Welllllllllllllllll you can imagine my temperature rising (and not just from the summer sun). I took the darlins' home and hosed them off before I let them come into the house. Now, I can just hear your thoughts--"that's mean, how can she do that to kids?" Just remember they had been running through water for fun. But you are right, you would have thought I was killing them. I once read that "whatever don't kill you will make you stronger" so I think me and the kids are getting stronger every day.

Until next time just be glad you are not on the edge. Ain't life grand!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Totally would have hosed off my kids too. Not torture when it's necessary!

    ReplyDelete