Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Life is a Sitcom

Well, today started off with a BANG!.  Tori, my teenager, overslept and missed the bus.  This, in itself is not new for her.  I woke up the other three and finally got then settled in the car.  So far so good.  I got her to school on time--nothing unusual yet.  When I got her to school, however, the fiasco started.  The high school was being evacuated because of a bomb threat.  After sitting in traffic for over ten minutes, letting the high school students cross the street to go to the middle school for safety.  Finally I got a chance to leave there and rushed home to get the other three ready for school.  Of course, this put me behind my regular schedule.  They would have made their bus BUT, my eight year old decided he did like the clothes he was going to wear to school.  You can imagine how frazzled I was at this point.  After he finally found some clothes to wear (unhappy, of course, because this was still not what he wanted to wear)
I heard their bus whizzing by the house.  Great, now I have to take them to school.  Finally, getting them into the car and stopping the usual morning arguments, I got them to school.  Here the line is extremely long, and I wait another ten minutes to let them out.  All the time they are shooting little barbs at each other--you know how kids are not happy unless their siblings are crying.  Finally, I got them out of the car and fought my way through another round of traffic.

I am home now and have a to-do list a mile long.  But I am already exhausted, so I just might put the list away and go back to bed.  What a dream that is!  Unfortunately, my list is filled with items that I have already put off as long as I can.

I hope you all have a better day than I have had so far.  Oh well, God is in control and is definitely holding my hand today.

Until next time, this is life on the edge.  May God open heaven's door and fill your life with blessings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment