Sunday, December 12, 2010

Little Star by Anthony DeStefano

A king is about to be born!  All the stars compete for the chance to shine the brightest to welcome this anticipated arrival.  They were all being shined and dusted by comets; all, that is, except Little Star.  The other stars did not make fun of Little Star--they ignored him which hurt more.

When the stars saw the poor couple in the manger, they lost interest in the child's birth.  "Surely no king would come in such an ordianry style," they thought.  So interest was lost.  But of all the stars in the heavens, Little Star was the only one who understood the King's message.  His message is LOVE.

This is a beautifully written book for children.  The illustrations really add to the message of the book.  I read this story to my children and they absolutely loved it.  My six year old gathered her dolls together and "read" the book to them.

I must say I hightly recommend this book and it will be a new tradition in my household.

No comments:

Post a Comment