Monday, September 6, 2010

Captured By Grace by Dr. David Jeremiah

Amazing Grace.  I have heard this song since I was a child but had never thought about it in the way Dr. Jeremiah has explained it.  He tells the life stories of Saul who persecuted early christians and John Newton who dealt with the slave trade.  Through retelling these men's life stories Dr. Jeremiah demonstrates that grace can touch each and every life.  He dissects each verse and relates the effect grace has on each and every one of us.

I found the story of Victoria Ruvolo fascinating.  If only we could be show the grace she did toward her "attacker."  I found this book very interesting and enlightening.  In parts of the book, I felt as though Dr. Jeremiah were speaking directly to me.  I will highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to know the depth of God's grace.  I will "lend" my copy to family and friends but I plan to keep this book ro reread time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment