Monday, November 1, 2010

A Chapter Closes; A New One Opens

Life is lived in chapters.  There is the chapter of being young parents wanting the best for our children.  This includes the best education we can afford for them, the best activities that will give them the best advantage in life, as well as, teaching them values that will not leave them when they are older.

The next chapter is when the children grow into teenagers, achieve the milestone of driving and leaving us to sit up nights worrying about their safety while they are in the "wide world" behind the wheel.

Then hopefully, the chapter opens when they have their own families and visit "Mom and Dad" on birthdays and other special days that will make good memories for their own kids.

Well, if you have read my blog at all, you know I am not only hosting the grandkids for visits but have custody of the 4 precious ones.  Now, a brand new chapter has opened up for me--I now have a new 16 year old with a (I shudder when I say it) HER PERMIT.  Now this should not be so scary but at my age, my nerves are not as good as they used to be anyway.  SO--her I go again, teaching a new driver.

I just pray and ask for your prayers too that all of us will make it through this new chapter and come out on the other side with body and sanity intact.

Until next time, this is life on the edge.  The edge is getting more and more slippery every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment