Thursday, November 4, 2010

Second Gallon of Lemonade

OK, I am getting my fill of lemonade in the recent weeks.  Yesterday, I discovered my refrigerator-freezer has gone out.  I have several packages of meat that I have to cook today.  Kids will be eating good for awhile.  Luckily, I have another freezer to use so I do not have to cook everything.  Oh, I had just gone to the grocery the day before so you can imagine how I felt when I made this discovery.

Oh well, kids have to be fed so now we will a buffet to choose from.  Any leftovers will be saved so it's not a total waste.  Second thought.  What a wonderful opportunity to cook in mass and make home made TV dinners.  See the silver lining in this cloud?

This lemonade, I have to admit, is not as sweet as the first gallon.  But, at least all is not lost.   I guess I should be grateful for the food to cook.

Anybody want to join us for our buffet?  We will have chicken, burgers, steaks, and beef roast.  The only condition is you have to clean up afterwards.  After I do all this cooking, I definitely will not want to clean the kitchen.


Until next time, this is life on the edge

1 comment:

  1. I love lemonade too. Sometimes we would add honey. Wow , buffet at home. Wish you a great weekend. Smile always

    ReplyDelete