Saturday, July 25, 2015

All Lives Matter

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16 (NIV) If you listen to the news or spend any time at all on social media you know about the riots and demonstrations that have happened in this country. The theme these riots center around is the mantra “Black Lives Matter.” I know I am taking an unpopular stand on this issue but the Bible clearly teaches us that All Lives Matter to Him. In Psalm 139 He tells us He knew us before we were born. He knows us this intimately because He made us.] He did not say He made only one color, or gender and rest came along because of a major boom in the universe. No He said He created each every one of us in His image and He loves all of us. Society tries to pit us against each other by telling us that all whites have something called “White Privilege.” What is this anyway? My God says we all have privilege to be alive and the privilege and opportunity to strive for a better life. I can hear some of you saying, “I don't have the opportunities to make a better life for myself. I was born into poverty and can't get out.” I say, “yes you do.” I was born into poverty and worked my way out of it. I did not say it would be easy. I said you can make your own opportunity. I have learned in my lifetime that anything worth having or doing requires hard work and sacrifice. If you have to work for something it becomes more valuable than something that was just handed to you. When society shuns people because of skin color, gender, or sexual orientation the message is sent that “you are not as valuable or important as I am.” It is not our job to judge other people. That is God's job. We are “fearfully and wonderfully made” by a God that loves us. He thinks we are all special. We are all unique but we do have one thing in common. God loves us all, and to Him all lives matter. He loves us before were were born and His love continues today. In Matthew 5:44 we are instructed to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us. He did not say this would be easy but it is necessary if we are His children to do if He lives in us. I remember a song I learned as a child, I dot know who wrote it but its message is relevant to us today: Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Red and yellow; black and white,They are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the children of the world. Who are the children? We are and to Him all lives matter because He loves us all. .













No comments:

Post a Comment