Monday, August 15, 2022

Count Your Blessings

Count your blessings Name them one by one, Count your many blessings See what God has done. What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday? How would feel if everything you have was taken away from you except what you were thankful for yesterday? Would you have your family? Your home? Would you be left with only your material possessions and not the love someone? Thought provoking isn’t it? Have you counted your blessings today? I admit I do not always thank God for all He has blessed with. In fact, I have been known to grumble about my blessings. Why would I do such a thing? Well, sometimes His blessings can come in disguise. That’s right. Sometimes His blessings can be found in day to day chaos of life such as dirty dishes, laundry, bills and even our dirty house. I can see you scratching your heads and saying, “this woman is crazy.” How can dirty dishes, laundry, bills and a dirty house be blessings? Well, dirty dishes tell me I have food to eat. So many people do not have enough food. Dirty laundry lets me know I have clothes to put on my back. When we pay our bills, I know God has provided me with the means to pay them. A dirty house is a sign I have a roof over my head and a family that loves me and children that God has entrusted to my care. Sometimes our blessings may be hidden in our trials. James 1:2 tells us, “Count it all joy my brethren, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” Remember God is on the throne, in control and blessing us each and every day. We may not recognize them at first but when we look through our eyes of faith, they are cleat to see. Today’s Whisper: Look around and see how many blessings you can see. I bet you will find they are like the old potato chip commercial—you can’t stop at one. I challenge each and every one of you to see the blessings that are disguised. Maybe your grumbling about bills and dirty dishes will make you smile when you see them as blessings. Beginning today let’s all count our blessings. Name them one by one. Count our many blessings and see what God has done. Today’s Prayer: I thank you for your blessings that you have given me. Help me to see your love and care in my day to day life. Everything I have and everything I am I give thanks and praise your wonderful name. Thank you for loving me so much. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment