Friday, September 4, 2009

Frantic Friday

Ever have days when you just know you should stay in bed? I should have listened to my little voice this morning. To start things off rolling downhill, my oldest granddaughter missed her bus to school. Now this shouldn't be a problem except that I have 3 others to get up and get ready before I could take her to school. Not to mention, two of them have to catch a bus in less than an hour for their school. Believe me, it is hard enough to get these kids up when they are supposed to get up but this was about 1 hour earlier. After getting them up and in the van, the youngest decided she needed to use the bathroom and could not wait until we returned. So we listened to her whining all the way home. Then a mad dash into the house to get her to the bathroom in time and to get the two boys bathed and dressed for school. Once they were gone it was time to get her bathed and dressed for preschool. Whew! What a morning. When I returned home after dropping her off my DH naturally had a few errands for me to run. Finally a few hours later, I made it home in time to go to preschool and pick up "Tater" from preschool. Home to fix her some lunch and attempt to settle her down for a nap. By then it was time to finish my housework and fix a snack for the boys for afterschool. After listening to them tell about their day and eat their snack, it was time for cooking supper. Then as you probably already know, after supper comes the cleanup, bathing, and getting ready for bed. Can you guess what DH is doing during all this? If you said sitting on the couch watching T.V you would be right. Oh, well tomorrow is Saturday and the only thing different is the kids will be home all day. Gee, I wonder if..................

1 comment: