Saturday, December 15, 2012

Broken Hearts

In my post yesterday, I stated that a country will be judged by how it treats its lowest.  I had no idea when I posted that quote, that a tragedy that would bring this country to its knees was happening.

What kind of person would feel the need to harm this country’s most defenseless citizens?  I am not placing judgment on that person-only God can do that.  I am only stating what I feel in the wake of this tragedy.  I can’t imagine how these parents feel.  They were sending their kids to the one place where these children should feel the safest—school.  My heart is breaking for these families and people of this town. 

If you have children or grandchildren, hug them a little tighter and don’t be afraid to say “I love you”.  Continually pray for their safety whether they are at school or in the next room.  Let them know what they mean to you before it is too late.

Father, I ask that these families know of your love and mercy.  Hold them in your loving arms and comfort them. 

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment