Saturday, December 29, 2012

This Is God’s Day

This is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

I taught this verse to my grandchildren and we would recite it every morning as I drove them to school.  One morning after taking the kids to school I realized that no matter what happened today, this IS God’s day.  Whatever happens today, He sees.  He gave me this day to live for Him.  Even a “bad” day can be used for God’s glory.  It’s not always easy for me to see the positive things mixed in with the chaos of my days because I am so focused the negatives in my life.  On the days the kids are fighting and are totally unruly, and are making more messes in the house than I can clean, I admit, I do get frustrated and think “What’s the use of trying to clean this house?”  I have been know to mutter to myself.  I did read somewhere that “Trying to clean house while the children are small is like shoveling the sidewalk in a blizzard.” Obviously, I am not the only one with this problem. 

When bedtime finally comes around and I am tucking the little darling's in bed, they throw their arms around my neck and hug me and say “I love you, Nanny.”  This somehow makes all the frustrations and headaches that take over my days dim.  I realize what a blessing from God these four children are in my life.  God has entrusted their care to me and I rely on Him to give me me strength and wisdom to “bring them up in the admonition of the Lord.”

in the middle of the day top day chaos, I seem to forget that the simple things in life are often my greatest blessings.  Many times I need to be reminded that God’s blessings can always be found even though they are sometimes disguised in the daily struggles of living.

When I look at my daily to do list I realize there are blessings beyond measure in each task I have listed.  for all the dirty dishes, although I never seem to keep them all clean at the same time,reminds me that we do have food to eat ;mountains of dirty clothes that, like the dishes, never seem to be done, makes me thankful that we have clothes to wear; the never-ending pile of bills remind me that we do have the money to pay them; putting gas in the car reminds me to be thankful that we do have transportation to take us where we need to be .  After ;looking at these tasks and the b;blessings I have daily, I am reminded of the kids.  They remind me to be thankful that God trusts me enough to place them in my life. 
They keep me “grounded” whenever I feel that I am overworked and underappreciated.  I have learned to solely rely on Him to give me the strength and wisdom to teach them about His wonderful love and mercy.  I have learned to “be thankful in all my circumstances.”  I thank Him for each day.  Yes, this is the day the Lord has made.  I choose each morning to rejoice and be glad in it,

No comments:

Post a Comment