Wednesday, December 26, 2012

First Christmas in Heaven

I found this and want to dedicate this to everyone that is missing someone this Christmas.  I can just see my son singing with the angels and know I will celebrate Christmas with him again one day.

I've had my first Christmas in heaven.

A glorious, wondrous day!

I stood with saints of the ages

Who found Christ, the Truth, and the Way.

I sang with the heavenly choir;

Just think! I, who so long to sing!

And oh! what celestial music

We brought to our Saviour and King!

We sang the glad songs of redemption,

How Jesus to Bethlehem came,

And how they had called His name Jesus,

That all might be saved through His name.

We sang once again with the angels,

The song that they sang that blest morn,

When shepherds first heard the glad story

That Jesus, the Saviour, was born.

o, dear one, I wish you had been here;

No Christmas on earth could compare

With all the rapture and glory

We witnessed in Heaven so fair.

You know how I always loved Christmas;

It seemed such a wonderful day,

With all of my loved ones around me.,

The children so happy and gay.

Yes, now I can see why I loved it,

and, oh, what a joy it will be,

When all of my loved ones are with me,

To share in the glories I see.

So, dear ones on earth, here’s my greeting;

Look up till the day dawn appears,

and oh, what a Christmas awaits us

Beyond all our partings and tears.

written by Dr. Albert S. Reitz

No comments:

Post a Comment