Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blessings In Disguise

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

 

Count your blessings

Name them one by one.

Count your many blessings

See what God hath done.

 

Have you counted your blessings today?  I admit I do not always thank God for all He has blessed me with.  In fact, I have been known to grumble about my blessings.  Why would I do such a thing?  Well sometimes His blessing come to us in disguise.  That’s right.  Sometimes His blessings can be found in our day to day chaos of day to day living such as dirty dishes, laundry, bills, and even our dirty houses.  I can see you scratching your head and saying “this woman is crazy!  How can dirty dishes, laundry, and bills be blessings?”

Well, dirty dishes tell us we have food to eat.  So many people do not have enough food.  Dirty laundry lets us know we have clothes to put on our backs.  When we pay our bills, we know God has provided us with the means to pay them.  A dirty house is a sign we have a roof over our heads and a family that loves us and children God has entrusted to our care.

Sometimes blessings can be hidden in trials.  James 1:2 tells us:  “Count it all joy my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”

Remember, God is on the throne, in control and blessing us each and every day.  We may not recognize them at first but when we look through our eyes of faith, they are clear to see.  So beginning today, let’s all count our blessings, name them one by one.  Count our many blessings  see what God hath done.

 

Prayer:

Father, I thank you for your blessings you have given me and the ones you are giving me.  Help me to see your love and care in my day to day life.  Everything I have and everything I am I give my thanks and praise your wonderful name.  Thank you for loving me so much.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment