Monday, September 26, 2016

This Little Light of Mine

You are the light of the world.  A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

Matthew 5:14-15

 

The sun is the center of the solar system and lights the world.  Just as the moon reflects the light of the sun, we are told to reflect the light of the son.  God tells us to be the light for others so they may see God in us.Yes we will be mocked and ridiculed because man hates the light and loves the darkness because it covers his sins.  In John 3:19 we read “Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.”

In Ephesians 5:8 we read, “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.”  We are commanded to have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose expose them.

With all the turmoil and chaos in the world today, we are seeing more and more darkness covering the hearts of men.  We are seeing more and more violence disrupting the world.  As we are shown more darkness we must shine more light so that the world can see God through us.

Light reveals who we really are and as it attracts, our lives should attract other people to Jesus.

I remember a song I used to sing as a child that seems to be relevant today:

This little light of mine

I’m gonna let it shine.

This little light of mine

I’m gonna let it shine.

Let it shine

Let it shine

Let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel-No

I’m gonna let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel-No

I’m gonna let it shine.

Let it shine.

Let it shine.

Let it shine.

Let’s go into the world and let our lights shine so the darkness will be dispelled and God’s love can show through us.  Let’s not hide our lights under the bushel of political correctness but let it shine so the world can see that God is the light of this world.

 

I wrote this years ago but still try to live its message.

The Only Bible

I may be the only Bible

that someone else will read.

So take my life and guide it

in thought and word and deed.

Let me be a blessing

to someone else I meet.

Help me show then it’s your love

that makes my life complete.

Oh, such a sobering thought to think

of what they’re apt to see.

Help me show them it’s you, Lord

that lives inside of me.

 

Well, I hope you are encouraged by my words today because this is Life on the Edge.

;

No comments:

Post a Comment