Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Helpless But Not Hopeless

During my morning inspirational reading, I came across this devotion that is an encouragement to me.  Amidst all the tragedies and heartache in the world today, I found this quote very comforting.

“We may be helpless to stop bad things from happening, but perhaps God leaves us signs and road maps to help us recover and reconnect, provided we know where to look.”

Jennifer Gardner Trulson—Author/Widow from 9/11

Tragedy touches us in the core of our being.  Shock sets in and numbness resides along with fear and sadness in the hearts of many.  Chaos looks as it if it may reign.  However, God waits to comfort those in mourning and walks beside or carries those in pain.  Nothing heals like love.  Look for His signs and road maps for recovery.

My thoughts on this:

With all the turmoil and chaos in the world today, we need to remember that God is close to the broken hearted. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. Sometimes, when I am in the midst of a crisis, I do not always rememeber this promise. Yes, I let doubt and fear enter my heart and color my world with tainted colors. I admit, I sometimes let doubt and fear stay lomger than they should. But just when I am at my lowest, I remember that God is there for me and doubt and fear are kicked out of my heart. I wish I could say that I never let them in. I would like to say that but I can't. I sometimes try to solve my problems in my own strength and find that my strength is not enough.
But when I turn to God and let Him take over my problem, it is solved faster and better than I ever thought possible. No, Hfe doesn't always solve them the way I want but His way is so much better than I could ever hope for.

I learned years ago that when I am knocked to the floor, I am in ther perfect position to pray. So friends, when we find ourselves at the end of our rope, we just need to tie a knot and hang on. God is there for us and will never let us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment