Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Let’s Take the X Out Of Christmas

Too many people are forgetting or purposely shoving Christ out of Christmas. This is a celebration of His birth. It is not known when during the year is His actual birth but this is the time of the year it is celebrated. Let's put Christ back in Christmas. I do not care if I offend anyone but I celebrate His birth and not the secular version of the holiday.

This poem was not written by me but it does express my feelings about this wonderful time of year. So I just want to say Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus.

Let’s take the “x” out of “Christmas”.

and let’s put Christ in again.

The day’s the birthday of a King,

Not that of an unknown man.

The tinsel the glitter, the glamour,

The noise of the parties gay

Have all but obscured the reason

That we celebrate the day.

We surely would not write “X-ian”

For the Christians here on earth.

Then why do we write “X-mas”

For the day of the Savior's birth?

It’s an honor that really is due Him

O’er that to a common man,

So let’s take “X” out of “Christmas”

and let’s put Christ in again.

Cyril W. Wommac

No comments:

Post a Comment