Monday, December 18, 2017

Jesus Is the Reason

More and more we are hearing that it is offensive to say Merry Christmas. When we say Merry Christmas, we are offending Muslims and others that do not believe Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth. The former president of this country changed Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays and schools could not have Christmas programs or Christmas break. Instead, the programs were changed to Winter Holiday and Winter Break. The recent terrorist who strapped a bomb to his own body and attempted to kill innocent people in New York stated he was so insulted by the Christmas posters and decorations that he decided to carry out the terrorist act. Well, friends, JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THIS SEASON and I will apologize to no one for celebrating His birth.
I just read a comment that called Christians stupid saying Merry Christmas. The writer went on to say that Christmas is a pagan holiday. He suggested we read our bible for a history lesson. I would like to answer him but there was no place to leave a comment of my own. So I will answer him here. Christmas is to celebrate the birth of our savior. It is true we do not know exactly what part of the year His birth occurred. The date is irrelevant, The date does not change the fact that He was born of a virgin. He was born to take away our sins. Yes, today the world has turned this sacred time into a time when the retailers receive more attention than Jesus but that does not change the reason for the season. Yes, I read my Bible and it is all there. The 3 wise men did not stop at Walmart to get a gift for the newborn baby. No Mary did not register at Toys R Us for her precious babe. I just wanted to vent because we live in a time that openly defies any mention of God. If I have offended anyone you can read the entire story of Christmas in the bible. I suggest you read Matthew 1 and Luke 2. I suggest you read the CHRISTmas story for yourself. Now I feel better. I just had to get that said.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY and remember JESUS WAS BORN FOR A REASON.
HE IS THE REASON FOR THIS SEASON.
As always you are free to disagree with me but I am free to voice my opinion. May God bless you all. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment