Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Scares Me

Well, Halloween is over for another year. What a relief! Halloween always scares me to death. I don't mean the goblins or witches and any other grotesque costume the kids can envision. I mean the effects of so much candy on the kids. I do try to monitor the amount of candy they consume at one time but in reality--that is impossible to do 100%. I know you all have the same problem. Hyperactive kids that refuse to sleep or cooperate in any way. Of course, this is day to day life on the edge Face it life is hard enough as it is but add to the equation tons of sweet confections and life really takes a turn for the worse at Halloween.

That's not really the worse part--you can tie the kids up and duct tape their mouths shut. Don't call CPS--I'm only kidding. The worse part is trying to walk across the floor and find yourself sticking to the floor by leftover sweet delights the kids have dropped. Walking across a sugar laden floor is a lot like watching yourself move in slow motion.

Well, it is time to start the major overhaul on the house and attempt to clean it before the dog decides he wants some candy too. Oops, almost forgot. Got to untie the kids so they can get their exercise for the day.

Until next time, this is life on the edge.

Say a prayer for me if you can. I need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment