Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sick Bed on the edge

Well, today I have sick little girl to care for. I had to pick her up early yesterday and take her to the doctor. This is the one kid that never gets sick. So when she is sick everyone suffers. She is taking to barking orders for something to drink very well. If I don't jump at her first command she says, "Nanny, the doctor said I had to drink more so bring me something to drink." Seriously, I don't like it when the kids are sick. I worry too much although I know that God is in control. I guess I'm too much of a mom.

Now, when my DH gets sick that is another story. When he has a cough or sneeze, the world is coming to an end. I know you ladies know what I am talking about. Actually, the kids are braver than a man when sickness strikes.

Oh, well, I guess that is why God made us with strong backs--to hold up our family when we need to. The male thinks he is the stronger sex. He doesn't know that the female is smart enough to just let him think that. How else would we get him to do our dirty jobs for us.

Enough for now. The patient is calling me. Here goes Dr. Mom, waitress Mom, maid Mom, and whatever else the job requires.

So long. Until later--This is life on the edge!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah men do kind of seem to be big babies when they are ill.

    Hope your little girl is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me all female that are married and with kids should be given the title of Super woman. We are the nurse, the teacher, the story teller, the laundry lady, the "always know where to find what" lady, the maid, the cleaner, the driver .... ..... the list just never stop. Look on the bright side, we should be grateful that we are still needed, still likable by them, if not they won't even bother to ask for our help. Have a nice day. Come visit my blog when ever you can. I fill my blogs with 80% of joy and happiness to brighten up all the supermom's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blessed with the post. Funny but thought provoking. that made me praise the Lord for the blessings of mothers. I just love mom. I am a man but i'm not one of those who consider our sex stronger.

    Blessings to you and i hope your granddaughter gets well the soonest.

    ---
    I am a Christian blogger as well. I found your site through linkreferral. I'm happy i visited your site.
    Blessings to you and God bless you more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way the fishes below are so cute...

    ReplyDelete