Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Power of Respect by Deborah Norville

Respect is the music the
deaf can hear and
the blind can see.
Unknown

Veteran journalist; sought after lecturer; and best-selling author, Deborah Norville calls the power of respect the most forgotten element of success. With scientific research, a common sense approach and real life anecdotes she makes a compelling case for the importance of respect in the major areas of life: Home, Relationships, School, and Business.

Many of the concepts presented in the book can be thought of as common sense; all to often these concepts are either forgotten or simply ignored. It is important to remember that all people are important and deserve respect, no matter who they are or the type of job they do for a living.

I enjoyed reading The Power of Respect because I was reminded of the many times I have failed to show respect to my own family and friends. I also gained some very good ideas on how to show my family how much respect I do have for them. I especially found the chapter on self-respect very enlightening. After all, if we cannot respect ourselves, how can we respect anyone else?

I must admit that some of the research was hard to read, I did find this book to be overall very informative.

I reviewed this book for the Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers Program.
http://thomasnelson.com/

The Power of Respect by Deborah Norville
If you want to preview this book click on the book cover in my sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. You have here a woman who has written a book about what is patently obvious.She looks pretty on the cover,which is typical marketing.It is nothing more than vacuous exploitation of the illiterate.I am seriously tired of salvationists who come up with the latest in idiotic thinking.

    ReplyDelete