Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Rewards of Simplicity A Practical and Spiritual Approach by Pam & Chuck D. Pierce

I reviewed this book for Bethany House Publishers. I recieved this book for the purpose of an honest review.

Although this book is fairly short (194 pages), I did not find it an easy read. I am very interested in simplifying my life but found the idea of purging mental and spiritual clutter an interesting idea.

Although Pam and Chuck address the subject matter with authority, I found the book hard to follow. There seemed to be many "side streets" they went down that was both confusing and irrelevant to the topic at hand. The most memorable story to me was the one Pam told about the water damage and the experience of only having the necessities of life. This story did hit a chord with me because we can live with less stuff if we have to.

I would not recommend this book. I did not agree with the authors theologically. I am satisfied with the few useful points I was able to glean from reading the book. However, the book is not one I would pass along to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment