Friday, May 10, 2013

A Strong Woman

A woman is like a teabag. Only when in hot water do you realize how strong she is

Nancy Reagan

I love this quote from former first lady, Nancy Reagan.  It brings to mind many times when I found out just how strong I am when it comes to my children.  I have defended my children in the face of unfair treatment from teachers.  I have also defended teachers when I thought they were right.  I might be easy going and can relate to a lot of people but when my kids are involved, I can become a mother bear defending her cubs. I have gone to school to take my children to school when I found they had skipped school.  I have stood toe-to-toes with teachers who had falsely accused my child.   I have gone out in the middle of the night to find my prodigal and brought them home amid shouts of protest from them.  Why would I do such things?  Because I love my children and will fight to the death for them.  Is there a mother out there who will not say the same thing?  When our children are involved, we will fight to the death for them.

Now that my children are grown, they look back on those times with fond memories.  They knew they had a mother who loved them more than anything in this world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment