Saturday, February 16, 2019

In the Wilderness



We all wish life could go smoothly all the time. But unfortunately we find ourselves in the wilderness at times. During these hard times in our lives we sometimes question why a loving God would allow hard times to happen to His children. He seems so far away and His voice seems silent. “Where are you Father” we cry out. We often try to solve the issues in our own power. Trust me that doesn't work. I have tried that and have only made more trouble for myself.
He tells us that we are not alone in this world and we do not have to fight our own battles. He stands ready to fight the battles for us. All we have to do is take His hand and never let go. When we read His holy word we find that the greatest people in the Bible found themselves in a wilderness. Moses spent forty years wandering in the wilderness with the children of Israel. Paul was in the wilderness of imprisonment and trials but did not give up. Even Jesus himself spent forty days in the wilderness being tempted by satan. What I have learned from these stories is that God will never let His children down. He will always have a way of getting us to the other side. We are told that the world will hate us. The world hated Jesus and he was killed by people that hated Him.
I have found myself many times in the wilderness and, if you are honest, you can say the same thing. But friend, I am here to tell you that I made it out. Sometimes I prolonged the stay by not listening to Him and tried to make it through on my own. Sometimes, the trial did not turn out the way I wanted it to. But I can say He always brought me through according to His plan. This has never worked. When I turned it over to Him, He was faithful to see me through. Remember, God will not take you to the wilderness and leave you there. If He brought you to it, He is faithful to bring you through it.
I wrote this poem in the midst of one of my wilderness stays and hope it will help you make it through your own wilderness times too.

When I'm, in a desert place
where fears and doubts abound,
I look up to Jesus for I know
He's already looking down.
When I'm in a desert place
and feel overwhelmed by despair,
I can hear Jesus whisper to me,
“My child, I'm always near.
I will never leave nor forsake you
though from me you often stray.
Just take my hand and hold it
and I will lead the way.”
When I', in a desert place
Lord, help me to see
that there are others hurting
even more than me.
So when you are in a desert place
just look to Heaven above.
You will see that our Father
is looking down in love.

Today's Whisper:
When we find ourselves going through a hard time, we should not forget that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us more than anyone else. He will care for us no matter what we are going through. He takes care of the birds in the air and the flowers on the earth. How much more can He care for us—His children? The next time you find yourself in the midst of the wilderness, stop and thank Him for the blessings He has already given you. I dare say if you can think of one so many more will come to your mind that you cannot count them all.

Today's Prayer:
Father God, I thank you that you are always with me. You are there for me even when I stray from you. You wait patiently for me to return because you have everlasting and unconditional love for me. I thank you that you never fail me even though I fail you many times a day. Help me remember that every wilderness I go through you are going through it with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment