Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Life is Crazy Here on the Edge

Well, you probably all know about my new car I got after my van "bit the dust". There was a glitch with the panel lights and indicators--gas, speed, etc. The dealer set me up an appointment to have it repaired. You would think that with an appointment you could go, get your business taken care of and leave. Right? Well, after 4 hours sitting in the customer lounge I am told that they have to order a part so they rented a car for me. So far, nothing drastic. I get the rental car and go home. I am just in time for football practice. I load the car with kids and whoever else wants to go. The car did fine and we made it to ball practice and back home. I know I am rambling but please bear with me. The next day I have to take my husband to his doctor which is 3 hours away. By the time we got there my back was a little stiff but nothing major. But by the time we got back home, I was bent over and my back was hurting so much I was almost in tears. If you know me you know that I am a wimp with pain. With an aching back, 4 hungry kids, homework to help get done, supper to cook, and a house that was neglected too long, I went off the deep end and started yelling (I'm ashamed to admit) at everyone that got in my way. I noticed my 4 year old looking at me with a puzzled look on her face. Finally with fear in her voice she blurted out, "Nanny, why do you look like the mean old troll under the bridge in that story about the 3 billy goats?" That brought me back to earth long enough to fix the kids something to eat, and hang on until bedtime.

I guess the kids taught me another lesson about life. No matter what shape you are in kids still need a mother to help them.

Until next time, this is how life is "on the edge."

No comments:

Post a Comment