Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Where My Loyalty Lies


It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him. James 1:12
I am not a Democrat.
I am not a Republican.
I am a human born in America.
Above all else I am a Christian. God is my Father and my leader. Everything I am or do is because of His love for me and my love for Him. I have rights and responsibilities that are given to me by God which cannot be taken from me by anybody, including the government.
I have the responsibility to be a missionary for Him. All Christians are given this mandate and should not take it lightly. I may not be called to serve in a foreign field, but I am called to be a missionary to my family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues. This is a rich field for broadcasting the news of the Gospel. I have a responsibility to teach my children about Him. If I don’t teach them about Him, the world is waiting to detour them to worldly ways. I try to live a life that shows His mighty love and grace. I want to radiate His love because I may be the only Bible that many people will read. I am called to stand up for Him and His Kingdom. This is very difficult at times but I do know that what God calls me to do He will equip me to accomplish the task set before me. I do know that He will give me the strength and courage to do what He wants me to do. In fact, He is doing just that right now as I type this. I know some people will be offended by my message but Jesus said, “If you deny me in front of men, I will deny you in front of my Father.”
God has also given many gifts and blessings. One of these is a freedom of choice—free will. No earthly government can take that from me. This country, no, this world, is in a cycle of destruction. It seems that decency and morals have totally been put in reverse. What God calls good and just is now against the law. Christians have been called terrorists and racist if we stand up for what is right and just. Evil is rewarded and godly living is condemned. What were once freedoms in America is now being usurped by the government. Our freedom of choice is being eroded with the persecutions of Christians and the “law” that one insurance plan be used.
I am using my free will God gave me and live up to my moral standards and live my life to please God and not men. It is true that my life can be taken away, my soul cannot be taken because my heavenly Father sent His son, Jesus, to pay the price for my soul. I accepted His free gift and now my soul belongs to Him.
Today's Whisper:
Live your life in a way that is pleasing to God and not man. Many times we are in situations that might test us and our faith. During those times look to God. He is the start and the finish—the beginning and the end. Remember that though man will try to rule us we only have one we need to bow to. Our almighty and loving God—our creator. Thank Him each and every day that He is in charge and we must answer to Him and not to the government.
Today's Prayer:
Father God, I come before you with thanksgiving in my heart. You have created me in your image and I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Although man may ridicule and try to put me down, I know you will never let me down. I am yours for eternity. Man might harm or kill this body but my soul belongs to you forever. I am trusting you and you have never let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment