Thursday, September 7, 2017

Open Letter to Christians in Name Only

I am a Christian who is not ashamed of my faith.  God tells us that if we are ashamed of Him He will be ashamed of us before His father. I want my faith to shine through for the world to see.  If I am accused of wearing my faith on my sleeve, then I am doing what my Father wants me to do.  We are put upon this earth to be the light and let our light shine through the darkness.  Too many people want to live in the darkness because they prefer it to the light. I have heard some members of Congress berate and ridicule a federal court nominee because “her Catholic dogma is too evident. (Weinstein)”   Another member says “Christians don’t have a place in government. (Sanders).  These so called Christians are Christians in name only. Anyone can call themselves Christian but to be a true Christian, we must accept His free gift of salvation.  This gift was made available to all when God gave His only son to die upon a cross for us all.  Yes, I said ALL.  You must live out your faith day by day and not take it out of the box when it is convenient. We should let the world see Him in us. I, for one, am proud to be called a Christ follower. 

Jesus tells us we will have troubles in this world.  But He also says, He has overcome the world.  I will stand for and with Him. In 2 Timothy we read “all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.  But evil men and imposters will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.  But you must continue in the things which you have learned.”

Friends, I don’t have to answer to God for them and they do not have to answer to God for me.  I thank God for that.

The values of this world have been turned upside down.  What God has ordained as pure and good, the world has called evil and politically incorrect.  What God has called sin, the world today applauds and embraces.  Friends, this nation has become an asylum and the inmates are in charge.  God foresaw this happening in the Old Testament book of Isaiah.  In Isaiah 5:20 we read,”Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who puts bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Christian business owners are being sued and forced to lose everything when they are asked to compromise their beliefs and faith to serve same sex marriages. At the same time, CEOs of businesses like Starbucks are applauded by the liberal left for telling people “if you believe in traditional marriage, we don’t want your business”.

Friends, Satan is loose in this world and going about deceiving so many people today.  But I want to remind you all who wins the war.  We do if we stand strong and firm in our faith. I would rather stand with God and be judged by men than stand with men and be judged by God.  We are all given this choice to make and I sincerely pray you make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment